AARP Joins With Nonprofit to Teach Tech to Older Adults
AARP is working with Senior Planet and its parent nonprofit organization, Older Adults Technology Services (OATS), to offer FREE technology education courses to older adults across the United States.
Senior Planet programs are devised to teach adults 60+ basic computer skills as well as more advanced options. There are multiple class offerings each week including:
- "Morning Stretch", Tai Chi and Chair Yoga
- Cloud Storage - Learn how to store documents, images, and other files remotely, while protecting your important data.
- MyChart - Come learn about this electronic health-record portal that works both in a web browser and app.
- Getting Started on Zoom - Come to this hands-on workshop and sign up for a free, basic Zoom account.
- How to Spot Fake News - This lecture will provide a helpful explanation of the term "fake news" and give you some tools to evaluate news sources
- And many others!
One instructor noted that many participants login early and remain on-line after the class concludes so they can talk to new friends they've met through the program - whether they're close by or from across the country.
Click Here to Read More